"The girls" are going to their "new" home Monday. Geneva and Lexa will be leaving their comfortable digs at the hospital and going home with maw and paw. They're doing good, weighing 5.6 and 5.14 at last count. I was there yesterday and held both of them and fed them and rocked them and sang to them and even had my picture "took", too, while holding both of 'em. They are pretty and they look nothing alike and they just laugh and grin and look at you and it's just heartwarming to say the least. Ole Les really outdid herself, this time. Their daddy is pretty good at changing those little bitty diapers, too.
Haven't swung the golf clubs in individual play since my Sunday bust at Batesville. Me and pard were one out of the lead going into the last day and I couldn't do a blame thing, really. It was so disappointing, to be so close, and blow it like we did. But, there's always next time. Even Tiger has some downs to go with his ups.
Bass fishing last week was as good as it gets. We hauled 'em in over in the Grand Prairie, behind the big cypress trees, in the clear, green water. Big bass, healthy and big enough to rip the rod out of your hands. I had my line (20-pound test mind you) broke twice in an hour and that hardly ever happens to me. The first time, well, the big rascal got away with my Bomber crank bait that has been so good to me. So I went and bought another one. This could be one of the most incredible fishing years ever--it sure is fun and I just hope I have a few years left to do it. And the refuge is an incredible place, black bears and beautiful bald eagles. One lake where we fish has an eagle nest that is the size of a car, up in a big cypress tree, made out of big limbs. You can see the two eagles sitting up there, watching as I catch some of their fish.
Watched the US Open today and Tiger is playing poorly. Well, he's doing all right but the other guys have a huge lead. I think he's out of this one, but who knows?
Don't know much else this time. Eric, Amy and the Boy are coming down tomorrow to honor me on father's day. Luke calls me Pop and we sure have fun. He sure is growing up and I bet he'll wanna go fishing up at the pond tomorrow. He likes riding in the golf cart, a tradition for kids out here on the Hill. I can't wait to see him. He's one funny and enlightened kid. He steals my heart every time I look at him. Grandkids can do that, you know. Peanut made special dessert and we'll eat like kings. Life is good.
That's all for this time, til next time, thanks for your time.
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment