Well, after a short time off...well, maybe not that short, I'm back in the blogging saddle. I've been catching some flack about taking off, even Needer Mae jumped me Christmas morning about being lazy. So, I'm blogging again and I hope I can come up with a few thoughts. Pretty bad when Needer Mae is upset with me.
Just watched the basketball Hogs beat Oklahoma. Boy, sure brought back Nolan memories. If they keep playing like this, they will be hard to hold in the SEC and beyond. I'm not being a homer...they are that solid and they have the coaching staff to go with their talent. Can shoot the three, rebound, handle the press...all the inegredients of a great team. They could....could...go a long way.
I've been reading some stuff on Nolan and by golly I was in Charlotte NC the year we won it all...I was there, in 94, a few feet from Scotty when he lofted the three that put Duke away. It was quite a night...Clinton was there and I stayed up all night, celebrating back at the hotel with the team, Nolan, all the fans. It was really something, to see a national championship win in person...something I will never forget. Man, I love good college basketball.
Great Christmas. Kids were home and Les' big news has brightened everyone's outlook. A doubledose of good news...it will be quite a time come June. She and Patrick will never sleep late again, that's for sure.
I got lots of nice gifts from Santa. I still am not good at opoening gifts...it is embarrasiing or something. Much rather give gifts and watch others opoen them. Little Luke, the grandboy, was great at Christmas. If you haven't heard the hilarious story about him "learning" about Santa, get in touch with Eric and Amy and let them tell you. It's the best kid-Santa story ever, believe me. What a kid.
Had a good deer hunting season. Saw lots of deer, turkeys, coyotes, squirrels, rabbits, raccoons...you name it. And I made it thru without injury again...I know everyone always wants to know that. I went hunting some with my new crossbow and liked it, too, even bagged one.
Good to see Sandi and her gang Thanksgiving...good to have Kyle back home. I think I embarrassed him when I hugged him, but I needed the hug. We were so worried about him and we are so very proud of him, too.
I've worked some at the church, painting and fixing up one of the SS rooms. It was quite a mess, sheetrock falling in etc...but I got it done and paited pretty and our new windows...five of them...are in and stunningly beautiful. One in honor of brother Harold and one for Joy...they're side by side...isn't that the way it should be. So pretty and we're thankful for Janice and Roy who gave the funds to make them possible. In all, we did five for the church and every widow in done and we'll have a big ceremony later on to celebrate. Everyone please come when we do. I painted one of the rooms that had several coats of paint on the walls...no doubt put there by Pap a time or too. I could feel him there with me and I was using his old paint brush.
A bit of adventure Christmas week at Dardanelle. Peanut and I were leaving her mom and dad's house and headed for her cousin's when my new pickup had a flat tire. It was getting dark, 15 degrees, windy...what a night to have a flat. Turns out I had run over a big carpet installer's razor knife in the road, cut my tire up, and I ended up having to buy a new one. But, boy, was I glad Wal Mart supercenter in Russellville was open. Cousin Buzzy crawled under the truck and did most of the jack work and we took the tire into town and got a new one put on the rim. I was out $145 for that trip, but glad I didn't have blowout on the Interstate.
I may have some news in a few weeks...maybe next blog,...about a new political "assignment." Pretty sure I'm gonna do it...not a real big deal, but I may be "pressed" back into government service on a limited basis. And limited it will be because I enjoy this retirement thing...I got my first Soc. Security payment in November...man, checks from the state and fed...life is good in Sheridowns.
Well, better run. Gotta go check on the dogs. That's all for this time, til next time, thanks for your time.
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment