Sunday, February 10, 2008

youngin' visit

The youngest youngin' visited over the weekend. Always comforting to have her here...close...over on the couch, sost I can lay eyes on her. She stays busy, workin' and churchin' and lookin' after others. Quite a youngin. I sure am a lucky pap, to have two of 'em turn out so good.

I'm over the Super Bowl. My Giants won. My second-favorite team was on the losing end. I was proud for the gun-slinger kid from Miss-i-sip, but hated to see Brady knocked around. But the Pats' coach sure acted a fool at the end, running off with his tail tucked like that. Not very pro-like.

Got a phone call yestiddy from an old legislator friend, from my days in the lower House. He was laughing about Bro's column on the Bush rebate. He also said he sured missed our sis who departed this earthly hold recently. He knew her thru her outstanding banking career. I miss her too, somethin awful this week for some reason. Maybe she was sending out some heavenly vibe that I couldn't quite reel in. We were always connected thru the supernatural so I spect it's even more supernatural now. Least I believe so.

Ate over at Prattsville Saturday night. The catfish was better than usual and that's sayin' a mouthful. It was my third night in a row to eat fish--returning home for catfish after two days and nights at my bass fishin' cabin. Boy I love fishin. Speaking of which, my pal Jerry Mc is one of our inductees in the upcoming Hall of Fame class, which sends me and Peanut to a big fancy dinner in a couple of weeks. We have official duties there besides just eatin' and applaudin'. We "hold" the inductees in the green room before the big shindig kicks off. It's a big night. Besides the fishin' man, Tommy Tubberfield, Torri Hunter, Tod Day and lots of others will be there....with us...quite a night ahead.

Keep sending up a prayer for some buddies of mine. Locally, Roney and up at Little Rock, John G. They're both fightin' hard and they could use a prayer or two. I sure hate it when my friends are down. Bums me to the hilt.

Don't know much else. Quiet out here on the Redfield Road. I know winter will make one more run...kinda like a good basketball team having that one "run" left in 'em...but I also know I'll be mowing grass soon. Or as Don Wells used to say, "mowering the grass." Time sure flies, more than ever seems like, but that's okay cause I sure am surrounded by pleasant souls and two sweet puppies, Zoey Rae and Newt. Me and Peanut just sit and hold them and that's pretty special. Gets my mind off what I talked about earlier, few paragraphs up, you know, 'bout sis and how much we all miss her. She sure as heck deserved a better shake and I aim to ask the Good Lord about all that one day. But she'll probably head me off if I get a little too vocal--she always did know how to do that. Just smile and look at you, lettin' you down easy, knowin' you'd said enough.

Happy Valentine's. Me and Peanut are headed north to the big city to have one of them $200 steaks. Lots to spend, but worth every cent. The piano player and John, our favorite waiter, make us feel right at home in our favorite restaurant. I like Valentine's Day--comes and goes without all the Christmas-type hassles.

That's all for this time, til' next time, thanks for your time.

No comments: