Little wonder that I like doing business with Bass Pro in Missouri. You order something, either by computer or phone, and it's on your doorstep next morning. No hassle, no mess, no loose ends a-danglin.
I bring this up because of two things. I tried to purchase the Ark-Ga. cage game the other night off my Dish network. I phoned at 5 and they said no problem, the game airing at 6, and it would be on. My cost about $10. Well, you guessed it, when gametime arrives nothing. I called again. The man said hold the line and he'd check. After 15 minutes, this man in the Phillipines (I finally asked where he was located because of heavy accent and our inability to communicate) asked, "This should be on your TV, it is NBA game right?" I knew then I was in deep you know what. After 20 minutes and his failure to locate a supervisor, I hung up with him telling me I would be charged even tho the game did not come on. I hang up, phone back to the same number, a nice lady (also in the Phillipines) says they'll remove the charge. I doubt that this will happen, however, and I think I'm in for several months of wrangling with Dish over the charge.
Then, the following day, I try to order the Democrat-Gaz to the house. Nice man on the phone, seemed in tune with it all, but the next morning I trudged down to the old house 200 yards to the south, in the rain, to pick up my new paper. Oh well, back to the phones.
Nothin' seems easy any more.
My last dilemma...my favorite teams in pro football are the Giants and Pats...well, guess I can't lose in the Super Bowl. Eli really has become a good quarterback but still no match for Brady. Giants defense is better, tho, and it ought to be a great game.
Huge snowfalls up north bodes well for my fishing prospects this summer. Big snowmelts mean flooded Mississippi River which means the White River Refuge in south Arkansas, near my fishing cabin, will also flood, and this is good for our remote lakes where the big bass live. Can't wait...been working on my tackle box in these cold months.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment