Wednesday, May 13, 2009

miss california

Do any of us really care what Miss California thinks about marriage? She's entitled to her opinion but the news media need to get a life when it comes to pageant contestant views on marriage or anything else, really.





Speaking of which...isn't this rain something? I'm long in tooth now but this relentless rain has been the beatin-nest thing. Arkansans always talk about the weather, but this time it may be justified. Big Bro and Bro-n-law are about ready to throw in the towel on their gardenspots and my bass fishing has been put on hold because of, yep, too much water! Whoever heard of such nonsense. Fish bout to drown.





I spect we'll be beggin for rain by August when we be parched and dry. Bout the time Les and Pat are knee deep in diapers. That's gonna be something, a family doubling in size overnight. What a blessing.





Went to grandson's second-grade program and he got a certificate for making all A's. He also had a dandy poster on wildlife, including some informative displays about snakes. Hard to believe he'll be a third grader next year. I remember the third grade and it was a big step up from the second. Start to learn things in third grade, lifetime things. It was about the time I started reading my books instead of chasing the little redhead around the reading table.





The church is looking toward a "homecoming" celebration around Christmas time so you can look for future announcements. We want to dedicate our new stained-glass windows, two of which were named for family members--Joy and Harold. They are so pretty and the little church sure stands out now. I hope all of our family members can plan on coming--we need you.





Sandi's boys are still achieving great things in sports--baseball and golf. We're all proud of them. I've been on the links more and I'm hitting it a ton (for me) with my new equipment and added stamina from my weight-loss and weight lifting workouts. Yep, you heard right. I'm trying hard to improve and so far, so good. Golf is truly an amazing game and most humbling. Some days, well, you think you're better than ever and the very next day, it turns and you leave the course shaking your head. You would think hitting a little ball which is sitting perfectly still would be easy, but it can be the biggest of all sports challenges. It's why great athletes from other sports go crazy when they take up golf, but I sure enjoy it. And the courses are so pretty, too.





As I said, my fishing has been put on hold because of the flooding, but my springtime fishing was perhaps the best ever. Tons of big bass and Peanut's dad went with me one time and landed a limit (20) of the biggest crappie you'll ever see. Some weighed over 3 pounds. I'm so fired up I bought another boat and even had a new outbuilding put up for storage. Too bad we didn't have pro bass fishing when I was younger--I would have tried it.





I see Karen out walking one of her dogs. I hope she's feeling better. She's having a very rough time since her fall. I worry all the time about her. Maybe better luck is around the corner.





I'll close with grandson Luke story. I sent him a check for making all A's. His dad asked him what he was going to do with the money and he said, "I think I'll just go to Wal*Mart." His dad asked again, what he intended to buy once he got there. "I don't know," the boy said. "I might just go wild!"





That's all for this time, til next time, thanks for your time.

No comments: